April – Doom & Bloom
The first ever PW Featured Website of the Month is Doom & Bloom with Dr. Bones & Nurse Amy. Dr. Bones & Nurse Amy are dedicated to helping others get prepared for those medical emergencies…whenever they might come. They are great people and their website is a must read for every prepper and survivalist. That is why they are the featured website of the month…
1. Summarize the focus and purpose of your website. – The purpose of www.doomandbloom.net is to inform the preparedness community and the general public of the importance of medical preparedness in a positive, how-to, and can-do manner.
2. What made you decide to start a website? – We started our website to give those who will be responsible for the medical well-being for their loved ones a home. We’re recruiting for the Prepper Medical Corps!
3. How long have you run your website? – Our website has been running since 2010, soon after our original article on the subject of fish antibiotics and expiration dates hit Survivalblog was published by James Rawles.
4. How much time do you spend dedicated to your website? – Since we’re retired from active medical practice, 24/7/365, except when we’re on the road giving medical talks.
5. What is one thing you really like about your website? – That I get to rant and rave with only Nurse Amy to tighten my leash!
6. What is one thing that you want to change about your website? – I would really like to get more articles submitted by other medical preparedness folks, so that we can get more than just our viewpoint on various subjects.
7. Tell us something about yourself that no one else knows. – Before we started raising tilapia as food fish, we regularly placed in the top 5 nationally in some aquarium hobby show systems (3rd last year).
8. Other than your site, what is your favorite non-preparedness websites to visit? – Any site related to current events, and some fishkeeping sites…
9. Do you have anything (projects, special posts, redesign) in store for the future of your website? – We hope to actually have a special membership for the Prepper Medical Corps, with special perks, discounts, content, and products for members. We also want to develop an affiliate program so that people can benefit from selling our book and other products on their site.
10. What were the three books you last read? (Be honest) – Ray Gano, “Survive the Coming Storm”, Lisa Bedford, “Survival Mom”, Mat Stein, “When Disaster Strikes”
11. What would you like to say to readers at the Prepper Website? – I’d like to tell your readers that Knowledge is Power, especially when it comes to keeping your family healthy in a collapse, that you can never have too many medical supplies, and that you need to research how to use the supplies you have. They don’t have much purpose if you’re not sure how to utilize them!
12. Feel free to add anything else you think people would like to know. – We’re developing a line of medical kits and bags, which we’re tweaking based on our reader’s input. Go to the Doom and Bloom Shop, look at the list and tell us what else should be in there! Also, feel
free to follow those lists, which are also in our book The Survival Medicine Handbook, and price out the items yourself; we don’t care if you buy our stuff, we just want those supplies in your storage.