The Wazoo Adventure Bracelet
A while back, I was able to sit down and meet with Dustin, one of the owners of Wazoo Gear. We had a great time “talking shop.” I was very impressed with his commitment to providing quality products to the preparedness community. He was an all around nice guy and I hope to meet up with him again soon.
After our meeting, Dustin sent me the Wazoo Gear Adventure Bracelet. All I can say is WOW!
I read a lot of articles that discuss various kits and EDC’s. I have seen some great kits in the past, but I always have this issue of “I don’t like things in my pockets!” Now, I have an EDC in my backpack. And although it is not “on me” at all times, it is with me in either my truck or office. But even though I have the EDC taken care of, I am always trying to “go smaller.” One of the areas that I tried to get the biggest bang for the buck was in my paracord bracelet. When I first started looking for a bracelet with the most “options,” I always came up short. That is, until I received the Adventure Bracelet!
The Adventure Bracelet comes with 16 different components as a base model. You can also addon 2 more components in the form of surgical tubing and a handcuff key. The great thing about the bracelet is that everything is “well-hidden.” No one looking at your wrist would think you have 16 survival components at your disposal.
- Paracord – What would a paracord bracelet be without paracord!
- Firesteel – Located on the male end of the buckle. You can easily get a spark from the striker blade included.
- Fishing Line – Sealed in the bracelet core, you have 30ft. of 50lb. line.
- Fishing Hooks – These are also concealed in the bracelet core. There are 2 hooks included.
- Split-Shot Weights – 2 weights are included.
- Safety Pins – 2 3/4 inch safety pins are concealed in the bracelet core.
- Straw – 5 inches in length.
- Ranger Bands – You can use these for securing, but they also burn with an intense flame if you need to use it for a fire.
- Compass – Grade AA liquid filled, Glows in the dark, water resistant and a working temp of -20 to 120 degrees Fahrenheit
- Striker Blade – Feel length chisel head razor blade. The item is ceramic so it won’t rust.
- First Aid/Tinder – This is a multi-purpose component. You can use the triple antibiotic for cuts, burns, scrapes and insect bites, or you can use it to help start your fire.
- Whistle – Although it is not as loud as I would like it to be, it does work. It is included in the buckle.
- Cable Ties – Another way to secure something. 2 are included.
- Retro-Reflector – Made of the highest grade reflective material.
- Glow Light – Can provide hours of light with diminishing results. This is located under the compass.
- Mirror – Located under the female buckle.
Now I know that reading about this bracelet isn’t as cool as seeing it up close. So, I’m including a video that Dustin made for Wazoo.
Again, the Adventure bracelet comes with 16 components. You can add the handcuff key and the surgical tubing for an added cost. When you order your bracelet, you get the option of picking the two colors that you want. Wazoo offers a TON of different colors of paracord!
I would encourage you to visit the Wazoo website. Besides selling various bracelets, Wazoo sells individual components so that you can make your own bracelet.