All the Archery Safety Rules You Need To Know About
Archery is something that seems fascinating just by hearing the word. Everyone, including me, would want to try it out whenever we hear someone telling their experiences with archery.
It’s true that with some practice and proper guidance, everyone can eventually find their way to performing archery perfectly. But before developing a hobby, one really needs to be aware of the dangers it has.
While through archery, no one can intentionally get hurt, but in several ways, you can hurt yourself or someone else without even knowing it. In that case, knowing Archery Safety Rules becomes a necessity.
This is why we have compiled together some of the basic rules for performing archery as safely as is ever possible!
- Why Do We Need Them?
Understand now? While you might be very confident in yourself, telling yourself you won’t be careless enough to hurt anyone else or yourself, that would not be true; because we’re all humans and we all can make mistakes.
Apart from that, if we’re not well aware of the archery safety rules, we would never know how to do it the right way. Therefore, we need these rules.
- Shooting Safety Rules
The following things are to be taken care of while you’re shooting out there. There are no crazy archery safety rules, just simple ones you should all be aware of.
- Take care to not point your bow towards anyone, even if the arrow isn’t in there yet. This will help you develop better shooting habits.
- Shooting your arrow high up in the air might seem cool, but it is just as unpredictable, and you might not know where it’s land. Thus not to shoot too high, and keep it low.
- While you nock your arrow, make sure the bow is pointing towards the ground, because if the arrow accidentally slips from your hands, you can end up hurting yourself or someone else standing in the way.
- Wearing an armed guard is definitely recommended while you’re performing archery, as it will protect you from receiving any severe injuries during it. You can have a look at a great arm guard for your complete safety.
- Make sure to ask the people, if there are any between you and the target, to move aside and leave sufficient space so that they don’t end up getting hurt. Do this before nocking your arrow, and don’t nock it in without making sure the path is clear
- Don’t draw your bow more than the actual length of the arrow, as it can lead to injuries on your part, as well as it can damage your equipment pretty badly.
- If you’re using wooden ones, before the shooting sessions take place, always examine the arrows for any cracks or breakages , so that everything goes right during the actual performance.
- If you spot even a slight damage on the bow string, it is recommended to change it right away, as it will not function properly and can lead to random shots. Don’t wait for it to become completely damaged either.
- Make sure you’re not wearing any watches, jewelry, or anything else while performing archery. Take any such thing off so that you don’t end up damaging your expensive stuff.
- Indoor/Outdoor Range Safety Rules:
- Now when we’ve had a look at archery safety rules which cover your measures, here are some steps which you necessarily have to take at the particular place you’re performing Archery at, which include your environment and everything else present in it.
- Pay special attention to what the instructor is telling you to do. Listen to him when he instructs you to stop, warns you, or says anything else. Go by his actions and you’ll stay as safe as possible.
- At the range, make sure they have a first aid kit always present in case of emergencies if anyone receives an injury. Don’t go to the range if they don’t have one with them.
- Go to the shooting line only after you have examined your bow and arrow carefully, and made sure they are perfectly fine and not damaged in any way.
- When you go to retrieve your arrows, make sure to walk carefully and not run, as you can lose your balance and hurt yourself over the arrows anytime. You need to be fully aware of your surroundings while you’re at the range.
- Do not cross the shooting line unless the instructor tells everyone to stop shooting. Keep standing there, and only after the instructor’s command should you cross the line to retrieve your arrows from the target.
- Until you’re not at the shooting line, or told by the instructor, do not nock an arrow into your bow for additional safety measures. A slip of hand and you can end up hurting yourself or anyone else.
- If there’s anything you dropped beyond the shooting line, never ever cross the line until everyone is told to stop shooting by the instructor. Even if the thing is in your reach, wait till everything is clear to retrieve it.You can see to have a look at the very basic of the archery safety rules being visually described to you, so that you can have a bright idea.
As a whole, paying attention to every single detail and having your nerves alert is how you’ll stay safe and protected while performing archery.
The only gears you require for archery is a basic arm guard, and always keep it with you when you’re out for performing. Make sure to keep these archery safety rules in your mind to stay completely protected and have the best archery experience.
If you have any further queries, feel free to comment them down below and I’d love to clear them up for you. Happy Archery!
This is an archive of: http://americanpreppersnetwork.com/2017/09/archery-safety-rules-need-know.html