DIY Mosquito Traps
Have you been looking for a cost-effective way to get rid of pesky mosquitoes?
Well now you can skip the chemicals and the added cost of expensive mosquito traps this year and DIY!!! I was very surprised at how easy this solution is. Around our house we have citronella plants to keep the little buggers away and we do not have a problem with mosquitoes. However, while camping we cannot take our plants with us so this is a great alternative for the mosquito season!!
Homemade Mosquito Trap
1 cup of water
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon of yeast
2 liter soda bottle
1. Cut the plastic bottle in half.
2. Mix brown sugar with hot water. Let cool. When cold, pour in the bottom half of the bottle.
3. Add the yeast. No need to mix. It creates carbon dioxide, which attracts mosquitoes.
4. Place the funnel part, upside down, into the other half of the bottle, taping them together if desired.
5. Wrap the bottle with something black, leaving the top uncovered, and place it outside in an area away from your normal gathering area. (Mosquitoes are also drawn to the color black.)
Change the solution every 2 weeks for continuous control.
Keeping It Spicy,
This is an archive of: http://americanpreppersnetwork.com/2013/04/diy-mosquito-traps.html